June 7: Travel Day

    Everyone dreams of a chance to travel across the Atlantic and discover something new. I was given the chance of a lifetime and I am so glad I took it. Friday morning we all met at Charlotte Douglas International airport, checked in, and went through security. From there we found our gate then split up to kill time before boarding. About an hour before we boarded we met back up and gathered to play UNO. This was my first time flying and I was terrified. They started boarding and finally called our group. This is where it all started to go downhill. We were flying for two and a half hours on a small jet. While taking off I started to freak out from the new sensations. It felt like I was on the world's worst rollercoaster. The flight was crowded, every seat filled. We finally landed at JFK, where we went to find our new gate. Shortly after getting there, I realized I had lost my AirPods. It was a travesty, and I was now left to spend 9 days in a foreign country with no way to listen to music or TikTok. Our flight was delayed for two hours so we just explored and napped. Once we boarded our next plane, we found our seats and got settled in. I was seated beside the bathroom for a 7 hour flight... Take off for this plane was barely noticeable, and it was more of a smooth flying. Olivia and I had to deal with a very rude couple who continuously laid their seat all the way back, to the point where we could not move. There was no way to comfortably sleep, and people were constantly going in and out of the bathroom. Finally, after seven painstakingly long hours we landed in Manchester, where we went through customs and met Peter, our tour guide. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 9: Rydal Mount/Grasmere (Literary Artifact)

June 12: Oxford (Exploring the City)