June 16: Travel Home (Reflection)

    On day ten we headed back home. As I sat on the plane headed back, I thought back to the amazing nine days we spent in England and realized just how fortunate we were. While thinking I kept going back to the Tower of London. After dreaming about going there for so long, I finally had my chance. It lived up to all of my expectations and I loved being able to bask in the history. One experience that really stuck out there was being able to see Anne Boleyn's grave and just stand on the same ground that such influential historical figures stood. When visiting Shakespeare's birthplace I was shocked to find out that he was an ordinary boy like the rest of us. He went to school like a regular dude, and helped his father make gloves. It really put into perspective that many of the literary stars were normal people just like us. Being in England and only being able to use wooden and paper utensils and plates really made me miss plastic and the pollution it spreads. After ten days of having soggy straws and splinters trying to eat my food I would not mine sacrificing a few turtles. After having this experience, England will always have a place in my heart. I love the privacy of the rolling hills, the exquisiteness of the stone cathedrals, and the hustle and bustle of the city life. This experience pushed me to want to explore the world more. I can not wait for my next opportunity to experience something new. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 7: Travel Day

June 9: Rydal Mount/Grasmere (Literary Artifact)

June 12: Oxford (Exploring the City)